Saturday, November 26, 2011

No Animals Were Harmed in the Production of this Feast


This Meatless Loaf was the hit of the party!  The outer crust parts were the best so next time
I will cook it thinner or in individual smaller pieces to give it that wonderful texture!

Can't forget the gravy!  Once you go vegan gravy, there's no need to go back!

Andrea's Super Quick Lasagna.  Daiya cheese is almost like the real thing!

Our open minded dinner guests brought Indian spiced taro.  I need to
get the recipe from her because this dish was DIVINE! 

My lovely mom and sis worked on the sides: Orange juice marinated 
Sweet Potatoes and a Cucumber Pear & Persimmon Salad.

Vegans can pig out on Thanksgiving, too!  (This is my plate ;)

Oh yes, the desserts!  This easy breezy pumpkin pie got slightly overcooked 
so to keep it pretty I topped it with easy and fun candied cranberries

This was my masterpiece: Apple Pie Cheesecake.  I stayed up until 2 in the morning making the topping.  Well worth the effort as my non-vegan dinner guests raved about it and went back for seconds!!!!


Oh, and I adopted a turkey and his name is Skip.  :)

   

1 comment:

  1. Love it! It is truly a blessing to have a supportive family! The guests that declined really missed out, perhaps in the future they will be a bit more open minded and give it a whirl! :)

    ReplyDelete